[Dailydrool] Oh my-she's on the warpath

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Fri Apr 18 04:38:55 PDT 2008

Get in here, Moosie!!!  Gracie-scoot over!!!  Clyde-seriously-find a spot in the closet and stay put.  NOT on top of Moosie!! Hurry up-quick-make some room for me.  NOW BE QUIET!!!  The Pw. just looked at the computer and saw that we didn't sell ANY WOOFLE TICKETS yesterday!!  SHHHHHHHH!!!!  I hear her coming-she can't find....oh, hi XB- what's up?  Hiding in the closet-no way-we weren't hiding in the closet-what makes you think that?  Nervous giggling from the hounds in the closet.  Oh, no-we were....uh....we were...JUST HAVING A MEETING TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO TO SELL MORE WOOFLE TICKETS!!!  The hounds slowly file out of the closet.  Uh, plan...sure...we came up with a plan...Oh, you want to know what the plan is...uh, Gracie, Clyde...would you like to tell Pw. Doo Doo head what our plan is?  Gracie and Clyde both shake their heads no and hightail it downstairs leaving Huggie and Moosie to face the Pw.  The Pw. Glares at Huggie and Moosie is sitting quietly, tapping his front paw and humming, "Baby's Got Back???"  He's reading waaay too many Drools about Elder Clara.  Okay, okay...the plan...Huggie squirms under the Pw. glare.  Ummmm....we decided that it's time to bring out the big guns-RIGHT MOOSIE???

Moosie stops humming and smiles widely(and just a little creepily) showing all of his gums.  Moosie, what are you doing???  Moosie relies, "Im showing off my big gums...isn't that what you wanted?"  Huggie smacks her paw to her forehead in frustration, "I said GUNS Moosie...NOT GUMS!!!"  "But Huggie, I don't have a big gun".  The Pw. rolls her eyes and impatiently begins to tap her foot in that don't waste my time way she has.  Huggie Bear looks at Moosie and says, "Just tell the story.  We Only have THROUGH THIS COMING MONDAY to sell Woofle tickets.  Sell it dude!!!

Hi,this is Moosie Bear.  I'm 11 years old(we think) and my gotcha' day is Boardwaddle weekend 5 years ago.  In that time my muzzle has gone all white from a deep mahogany(the blondslave blames Huggie for our grays).  I was found as a stray and had been on my own for awhile before Tri-State took me in.  The blondeslave saw a picture of me and fell " fanny ovah' ears"(to borrow a phrase from Lilah June)for me.  Arrangements were made to bring this sad lonesome hound-I think my name used to be Bud to the picnic after the Boardwaddle.  I met the blondeslave at the picnic and she took me to meet the dadslave, and the 2 Bears, the Pw. and Huggie.  the blondeslave saw past my skittishness and my dry uneven coat with patches missing and thought I was the biggest most handsome hound ever.  She signed the adoption papers that day and I became Moosie Bear with my own slaves and became the 3rd Bear.  the blondeslave wanted to name me Yogi Bear but the dadslave was afraid she'd be bringing Boo Boo home the following year(didn't stop her from bringing Gracie and Clyde home).  Anyway, I have a good home with competent slaves, plenty of good food and the medicine I need to keep my coat healthy and LOVE.  It wasn't always easy-I have some serious issues-but the slaves never gave up on me and I have my forever home.  So you see, the slaves took a LEAP OF FAITH when they adopted me and we would like to help other homeless houndies find their way to their forever homes.  Won't you help???  For me, Moosie Bear?  All you have to do is go to this site:

http://www.tristatebassets.org/boardwaddle/

Click on Leap of Faith and purchase however many Woofle tickets you can.  Even one ticket will help but anyone who buys a minimum of $20.00 worth of tickets will receive a thank you gift in addition to a chance to win prizes.  Pleeeeeease...make the Pw. proud of me.  I'm having Huggie attach a picture of me so you can see how handsome I am now.  Hey, Elder Clara!