[Dailydrool] Thank you Beverly (momperson)

Lorraine Williams lpgw_supermom at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 04:47:51 PDT 2008

Thanks for your post on nuetering.

When Rocco moved in with us this past Thanksgiving I
discovered, much to my surprise, that he was intacted.
Since all my dogs to this point have been rescues I
have never had to make the decision - they came to me
nuetered or spayed. Rocco's family was moving and I
didn't want him to have to go to a shelter - and
thought I'd save him the trip to a rescue too, so he
came to me as arranged by my daughter who went to
college with the daughter of the family that moved out
of the country.

I don't show dogs, and I don't intend to breed, but
wasn't sure how to proceed with my boy. (He'd lost his
home and his family, should he lose his "attachments"
too?) I made an appointment for him in May with the
vet, but still wasn't sure. After I read what you had
to say about Nigel and Mitchell and after speaking to
a friend of mine, who shows Rottwielers, who told me
about the health considerations. . .I think Rocco
needs his appointment.

He loves to visit and sniff the ladies in the
nieghborhood (fixed or not!) He is especially fond of
a cute little Springer Spaniel up the street. He
hasn't "humped" anything yet, but you can sure tell
when his hormones are running! He thinks he is alpha
male over my son and my friend that I am seeing. Rocco
is the sweetest dog, he just wants everyone to think
he is king of the hill.

So, Rocco,the decision is made, pack your bags, you
will be keeping your appointment with the doctor on
the 21st!

Lorraine - mom to Rocco, Gus and Charlotte (the
kitties) and to 4 2-leggers too.