[Dailydrool] Poppi

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 23 14:33:06 PDT 2008

I had to take Sapper to the vet today as the quarter-sized hot spot he had 2 days ago blew up to one the size of a softball with him chewing at it all night long.  I gave him Benadryl, dabbed the spot with Listerine and pinned a rolled towel around his neck but he whined for  hours anyway.

While there, I asked to go see the basset with the imbedded chain/collar.  Despite the nasty wound (apparently the collar was under the ruff/roll of loose skin of the neck and it would have been easy to miss), she was such a happy little girl!  Elder Clara's mom suggested Poppi as her name, and as she was very bouncy--popping up all over--Poppi will fit :)

Susan and the Hoptown  Bassets + 6
Nellie, Murphy, Walter, Rusty Paws (ATB),Sammy (ATB), Barney Boy (ATB) &  Bert(ATB), Bianca(ATB), Sapper and the fosters
Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc
A Basset is an Asset!