[Dailydrool] microchip

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Thu Apr 24 07:17:04 PDT 2008

I brought Sophie to the vet a few days ago and during the routine doggie
head to toe checkup, they scanned her to locate her micro chip.  And
they couldn't find it.  They passed it over and over and nothing.  I
knew she had one, she had just gotten it in November, so why couldn't
they find it?  Well, the vet-tech pulled out a DIFFERENT scanner, and lo
and behold, there it was and it beeped right away and registered.  Then
she proceeds to tell me that most vets and animal clinics, etc. that may
be the ones who would FIND my dog if she ever got away, only have the
first scanner that she used.  The one that found nothing.  Apparently
there are several companies who produce several types of microchips and
several types of scanners that detect their own microchips but not
necessarily the other brands.  Is this the norm???? Really?  Excuse me,
but what if I wasn't there with Sophie, she was lost, and they had that
locator they used the first time and found nothing.  What good is it to
have her microchipped if they can't even find it unless they have all
the different brands of scanners and take the time to use each of them
all over the dog until they find the one that works?  I find this to be
a GROSS misrepresentation in terms of a way to identify your lost dog.
Am I alone here, or am I missing something?  Anyone else have this
issue?

Jessica L. Sutton

Financial Management Professionals

6034 W. Courtyard Drive, Suite 380  -  Austin, TX 78730

(512) 329-5174  -office             (512) 329-5176   -fax

Jessica at FMProfessionals.com <mailto:Jessica at FMProfessionals.com>