[Dailydrool] Heartworm??

Ashley Collard acollard at charter.net
Sat Apr 26 09:53:33 PDT 2008

There is a basset at a local rescue. They state that he is heartworm
positive, "My care did not include Heartworm preventative and therefore I am
HeartWorm positive. What this means is that I will need to be treated
monthly with HeartGuard to keep the worms already in my heart from killing
me."

I thought that treating a dog with heartworm preventative that has heartworm
just kills off the eggs but does nothing to kill the adult parasite?? Wont
the adult parasite eventually grow and cause major damage to the heart?!?

This guy sounds like a sweet boy. Im not sure why the rescue wouldn’t treat
him (I assume lack of money and hopefully not lack of knowledge?)
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10545765

Checked by AVG.
2:31 PM