[Dailydrool] Citronella Bark Collars

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Sat Apr 26 10:56:51 PDT 2008

We have a citronella collar that we got for Sarah, the Constant Barker.  My husband Bill works from home and is on the phone a lot.  Sarah barks at anything and everything all day long, and always when Bill is trying to talk on the phone.  Anyway, we got a citronella collar, and it worked great for about a week.  Then Sarah got so she'd "bark right through it" -- one or two minutes of solid barking will empty the little citronella reservoir.  She smelled good, anyway.

The other problem with the dang thing is that it is sound-activated.  So, if Frank stands next to Sarah and he barks, Sarah gets a poof of citronella.  That certainly doesn't help with training Sarah to know not to bark!

I think it would be fine for a one-dog household, and it is a humane thing to try, IMHO.

Nancy, owned by Sweet Barky Sarah and Frank the Tank
Keswick VA