[Dailydrool] Brudder Elwood is worse

BasetSavr5 at aol.com BasetSavr5 at aol.com
Sat Apr 26 11:53:26 PDT 2008

Momma again-or what is left of me--Elwood has stopped vomiting, but now is
in so much pain and is running a fever. We have been with him since 7 am, hubby
 stuck in his hand and rubbed him and was very promptly bit. Elwood has a set
of  choppers and he sure used them. At least yesterday he was his big goofy
self--so  we have repeated all the tests, done a barium x-ray, more tests than
I could  list, and nothing is clear cut. I have even taken samples of plants,
we have a  claim with poison control, we are covering all bases, and it looks
like they  might do exploratory surgery yet today. They have him heavily
sedated now and  Doc told us to go home--we are looking a bit ruff, frayed, and I
know  we  are getting in the way. The worst part is not knowing--and all the
others are  fine. Doc said that sometimes you have to go with your gut, even
when the test  appear to be okay--they are just a tool, and looking at the dog
tells him more.  I ask myself if we missed something yesterday, but no, I don't
think so--he was  a different dog yesterday, and whatever this is, I just
happed to be there  within seconds, and hauled him off to the vet.
So that is all I know--even Elder Clara is looking for him--the house is so
quiet without him.
So if you have anymore drool we can sure use it--
The wonderful e-mails have been about all that have me holding it  together--
Thanks to my wonderful drool family.

Debbie  Winchester
Bob, Casey, Elder  Clara, Daisy, and
Brudder Elwood OEBE