[Dailydrool] The Dog Shows

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 14:46:53 PDT 2008

Ohhhh Vickie. My friend with Belgians had her blouse fall open, and I mean
OPEN in the ring-- she didn't notice either until the steward came over and
told her. She tied the ends together and went on. I have had my shoe come
untied, which is why all my shoes get double tied, no matter how dorky it
looks. Another friend tripped in the grass at the Nationals, fell face down
in the grass with her skirt flying up over her head which prompted a number
of her friends to hold up signs marked 8, 9, 6, etc,
I have never fallen but I have tripped over my dog. I have had asthma
attacks in the ring and come out thinking I was having a heart attack and
turned right around and gone back in (now how smart is that?) (She Died With
her Sneakers On).
I have dropped all my bait in the ring and had all the dogs behind me
dive-bombing. I have left after getting second only to have friends running
after me screaming COME BACK COME BACK YOU'RE IN THE RING!!!
I have missed my ring time by seconds.
I have handed someone changing dogs on the fly the wrong dog.
I have worn the wrong number.
I have been bitten (nipped) so badly baiting my dog that i dribbled blood
all over my clothes. Smiling. (I won.)
I have GONE THE WRONG WAY much to the Judge's annoyance.
I had one dog (Nigel) lay down in the ring for Belly Rubs from the Judge
I had one dog I had to wake up to take in the ring. (he won).
I have 800 cans of coat polish because every show I have ever gone to, I
forgot the coat polish.
So Vickie, my dear, you are not alone. It can be worse. But it probably
won't be. Remember the Dog Show Litany: "there's always another show and
you're there to have fun" LOL LOL LOL.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell, Zelda, & Cooper