[Dailydrool] Is there such a thing?

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 08:07:15 PDT 2008

Is there such a thing as a dog eating too much yogurt at once?  IT seems
like I need eyes in the back of my head this week with the little 2 leggers
on school vacation. Yesterday was gum and today is yogurt. The oldest little
2 legger helped me feed the dogs by adding yogurt. She left the yogurt
container out of the fridge on the counter. Do you see where this is going?
Yup, counter cruising Mazzie got it down and decided to share with Oliver
the mini doxie.  Oliver gave it away when he came into the living room with
white on his head. The yogurt container was licked clean. This was the big
size yogurt that can be bought in the grocery store and usually lasts us 2
weeks.  It was about 1/3 full.  So, we know it wasn't Maggie today as she
was sleeping behind me in the office.  All of a sudden we hear Mazzie pass
gas (out the back) and immediately followed by Oliver.  I got up to inspect
what was going on with the kids giggling and find one mini doxie and one
basset whose bellies are larger then they should be. Then, both dogs burp. I
run upstairs to get the pepcid and pop 2 small pills into Mazzie's mouth and
one into Oliver's with some coaxing (lunch meat).  Now, I am betting we are
in for some bad digestive problems by the sounds of them.  Any other ill
effects? I know yogurt is good for their digestive systems as we give it
every morning in their food, but not in the quantities they supplied
themselves with today.

Dear doG, please let tomorrow be uneventful,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver (partners in crime)