[Dailydrool] snip snip

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 16:59:01 PDT 2008

Ok so I know what we should do and I know all you know what we should do - I
just need some advice on how to convince the dadslave. Cowboy is going on 19
months. He is still intact. The Dh didnt want to neuter him from the
beginning. I insisted that since we are in no position to breed him (and
have little knowledge of that whole thing) there was no reason not to
neuter. Then our first vetlady (who we've since left for other reasons) told
us about cancer risks etc and recommended waiting to neuter...so we agreed
at age 2 we'd consider the big Snip.

All along Cb has been pretty well behaved, minimal humping, not too rowdy
and overall a very good boy. Recently though he humped his little puggle
buddy, Rico (male) until he climaxed. Now that's all Cowboy is interested
in. He has attempted to hump me several times in the past week and one of my
girlfriends too. He is very well endowed which I think is why the Dh is so
hesitant to snip. (ugh, typical guy!)

I've argued all the points about rescue and there already being too many
dogs who need homes. I have emphasized that I don't want to contruibute to
pet overpopulation and that while we are responsible, Cowboy could still
potentially get out and find some intact female. The dh argues that he wants
little cowboys some day and that if and when we ever bred cowboy we'd keep
all the puppies. For me though, "some day" is too far away to risk having an
intact male, especially with cowboy's new humping obsession.

I know though if I had the right arguments I could convince the
dadslave...he's been teetering on the idea for sometime now. One day he is
ok with it, the next day not so much. So please, droolers, what can I say to
ultimately convince the DH that neutering is the way to go?

Kacy