[Dailydrool] A plush pup stomps

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Thu Apr 17 19:23:11 PDT 2008

Wendell, I wanted to thank you for the lovely captions you wrote
under the photos of my hounds, our Elsinore and young Charlie on your
blog. While we think Charlie is very sweet and Elsinore is quite
beautiful, it's always nice to hear someone else say it, too.

I'm vastly relieved that your presence at the BHRA picnic barely
registered with Charlie. He was too distracted by Cindy's Chloe Grace
to realize that you, a small plush hound who bears a strong
resemblance to some of his stuffed toys, were that close to him. Oh
the shame of having to report to everyone on the Drool that young
Charlie had gleefully gutted the guest of honor and left him as a
damp and bedraggled carcass on the ground! Thankfully I was spared
that mortification, but I feel as if I've had a near miss. And you
were much too polite to mention on your blog that young Charlie
sprayed you with a light film of drool when he shook his head. I
think he got Kimmie Sue with it, too.

Elsinore and Charlie are stomping for no rain for the Boardwaddle,
and I'm wishing you safe travels. May you continue to leave each
waddle all in one piece!

Elizabeth