[Dailydrool] a montana moment--long and full of info on impact fees, raffles, future of shelter, etc.

Basset Rescue of Montana bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 08:01:26 PDT 2008

past due thoughts to share with everyone.   one of the most glorified,
bejeweled, and lovely houndettes i have ever seen in a holiday card i
found while reminiscing thru lots of stuff....the 2001 Peach on Earth
photo card with PW abbie Rose Padfoot and Kathie.! please forgive as i
do know some are ATB , but nevertheless, they are all such gorgeous
loves to review here.  Also,one of my favorites from Mugzy, brandie and
matt. Also, 2001 greetings from Poots and all his kids!!
then the past due thankyou 's i owe to so many.   Please do forgive me
for that and if you never got a card or post, Again, please do forgive
me for that.   I so appreciate and love all your posts, cards, letters,
and acknowledgments about our rescue org. here in Montana.   THANKYOU ALL.
aLSO, some special cards i have received like Gracie, Bosley, Elmo and
Pauline.. the 4 dynamic duo i think!!
and the card that says I AM JUST A BASSET CASE....lol    wonderful card
from cyndi Magnussen...And connie of course from one of my favorite
cities:   thankyou  to Miss Molly of Vegas and Connie.    during the
winter all the heat donations to keep shelter warm surely are a gift
from the bassets Angels.
And going back to a loving day like VAlentines Day...Bob the Dog ,
Jasmine and Benny.  Great fun heart card!  thankyou.  and Donna"s
greeting ...the 16 paws!!!  signed back in Feb.   Elmo Pauline Gracie
and Bosley and of course i cannot forget DudleyATB.!!..

our winter raffle...2008  was closing april 20-08  BUT DUE TO A SLOW
RESPONSE HERE IN MONTANA DUE TO THE ECONOMY AROUND HERE, WE DECIDED TO
EXTEND THE DRAWING DATE TO AROUND MAY 20TH!!.

ALSO, DUE TO OUR GAL WHO DOES ALL THE PROBONO CUSTOM GRAPHICS AND
FLYERS...HER PUTER CRASHED FOR A WEEK...WE HAD TO GET IT GOING SO ALL
PICS ARE NOT SHOWING THE ITEM AS THEY TRULY ARE.. below each group is a
listing which does explain the items in that grouping.  The saddle for
example is brand new and a Dandy!!    The pic does not show that at
all.  ALSO, A 14K GOLD AND STERLING SILVER BASSET CUSTOM MADE PIN is in
its box and you cannot see it at all. ANYONE WISHING TO VIEW IT, PLEASE
JUST LET ME KNOW AND I CAN SEND YOU A JPG PIC OF IT!!!   Every one can
see the flyer by just clicking onto our website upper right corner is
the 2 funders we have going at this time.  We also are very happpy with
our new designed website, and our new email addy:  email is
----bassetrescuemt at gmail.com     and our new webaddress finally!!!
bassetrescueofmontana.org.    Now if does reflect our 501 non profit status.

Around this neck of the woods , alot of activity is happening such as
new developments, growth in leaps and bounds, and it is overwhelming to
look down your country road and see perk testing being done and posters
stuck in the ground with announcements about the new MILL CREEK MEADOWS,
etc....up to 100 new houses/lots are being made right near our place
within a 3/4 of a mile. ugh.     also, IMPACT FEES!!!  not only to new
developements, but to any additions to houses, AND I CRINGE TO THINK IF
WE HAD TO REDO, OR TO ADD ON TO THE SHELTER.....YIKES... so, I attend as
best i can the meetings about that held at the firehouse here in
Frenchtown.   The deciding factor will come from the Missoula
Commissioners, so "they" need to know what we here in Frenchtown want
and think...if it at all would make a difference.

What i fear the most is that in the future this small rural town will
have so many new taxes and impact fees, that it will TAX US RIGHT OUT OF
OUR SHELTER.!!!  Does anyone else on the DD have such experiences around
their little homes/towns????  I would love to hear about it.  Gearing
for the future..

COME SUMMER, A YARD SALE HERE AT THE RANCH!!  BUT UNTILL THEN, PLEASE DO
ENJOY OUR WEBSITE AND TAKE A PEEK AT ALL OUR GOODIES WE HAVE IN THE
WINTER RAFFLE.

a peak into the future:   our yard sale will focus on the one huge
donation we just received:   THE GRAND PRIZE QUILT, HAND MADE AT THE
POWELL COUNTY COUNTRY FAIR.!!!!  WOW...i could not believe someone would
donate it, but they did to help the doggeessss...!!!.

thankyou for reading about our Mt. Moment.   Leslie, Basset Rescue of
Mt.    http://www.bassetrescueofmontana.org.
bassetrescuemt at gmail.com      and little used but still active:
partnersplace at qwest.net