[Dailydrool] Calendar Picture...Taco WOOF Bell, Petunia, Cakie and the grandpuppers

bassetslave bassetslave at comcast.net
Fri Apr 18 21:54:39 PDT 2008

It is the calendar day for Cakie. BoardWaddle day was already full so she
asked for the week before...to remind her friends to go. Although I felt bad
about leaving out Nudgie and our dearly depawted, phatdawG, Newman I wanted
to preserve a sense of Cakie's family.

The picture was taken by me, during a photo shoot we won at last year's
BoardWaddle pawction. Cakie asked her breederslaves, Hank and Sharon to
bring her Aunt Taco WOOF Bell and her daughter, Petunia. Cakie was born,
Jamboree's Black Forest Cake. We met her as a six week old puppy in
1999...she visited regularly, came for a few month's training by feyfey back
in 2003 and moved in following feyfey going to the bridge. Cakie was
BoardWaddle Grand Marshall with Hank and Sharon in 2001 and took over the
duties of basset hostess in 2004. Next week she plans on BoardWaddling for
the 10th time. She is very bootiful, very goofy and very pwitty. She also
loves cookies more than any hound I know. Just ask her Auntie Sandy.

Taco WOOF Bell is not our hound...but don't tell her. She is Cakie's for
real Aunt and 14 1/2. Rich and I are honored to be the vacation slaves to
Ch. Jamboree's Taco Bell. She will also be enjoying her 10th BoardWaddle.
Taco came to stay with us for several months when Cakie went home to have
her puppies.....she went to Mishgun, wow'd em at the WoWddle, rolled out to
Long Island and accompanied me to the Ramble. Taco is a WOOFIN good sport
who looks just like feyfey. She is now an ancient houndie, sometimes needs
her butt picked up and her WOOF has faded into senior status. She spends
much of her summers at our house and usually a few weeks in the
fall...because she likes to. She adores Rich and I adore her. She is two
hounds in one...looks like feyfey, but then she opens her mouth. Taco has a
pawticular affection for stir fried snow peas from the local Chinese
restaurants. She also likes caesar salad. Go figure.

Petunia is Cakie's daughter. Sister to brother Jackie and the late
Taloooolah. Petunia is a spunky young girl of three. It is likely that she
will someday be our houndie. It might be very soon...depends on whether she
is bored with just her momcakes and adopted Uncle Nudge around. She is used
to young ones and we will see if she is bored. She is coming to BoardWaddle
and bringing some of her own pupcakes....Fanny May and Chunky will come with
her and meet up with their sister, Tootsie Roll Pup. Chunk will then be
moving to Ohio with Pw. Olive..but will see his Gramma and maybe mom in
Mishugn. Petunia made it a true family portrait by being with puppy at the
time of. Her nickname is 'Babycakes' because she looks and acts so much like
her mom.

All three are show breeder houndies......but work their paws very hard to
raise money for their rescue friends. With any luck, Petunia has a looong
career ahead of her that she has just barely begun. She has Aunt Taco and
her mom to teach her.

The page says that Taco WOOF Bell, Petunia and Cakie are loved by Hank and
Sharon and Rich and me....which is true. There is a very fine line on who
can really say they are the slaves to this trio.....when we got feyfey, we
got a hound family and TWB, Cakie and Petunia are a wonderful continuation
of that family. I really wanted them together for their calendar day. It was
a wonderful moment in time to get that picture and I hope they have many
years to be together and prove you can go home again. Whichever way on the
Garden State Parkway needs be travelled.

dawnslave