[Dailydrool] spring has sprung

June Scheunemann equineent at tm.net
Sat Apr 19 08:19:53 PDT 2008

Yep,

I can finally say there is green grass coming up and warmer temps to enjoy
by both the houndies and hoomans!!  Just want to say that all my guys are
rescues..now Gus and Nala let me trim their nails but, Leroy..oh my gosh.I
think he is going to take off my arm when I try.  When I took him to the vet
all they did was hold him down with 3 people..well, I understand that was
one way to cut them but, what about alittle sedation???  (ok if not for
Leroy what about me??)  So I am determined to get him to allow me to cut his
nails ..I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS.  Now, yesterday I managed to get 1 paw
done by having my Mom shove treats into his mouth while I nipped.  It worked
but, he had caught on by then so I didn't go for the 2nd paw .I wam hoping
to try today sometime.  He even starts growling if you touch his paw
sometimes...other times he is OK.  I have started trying to massage his
pawsies when he is on the couch next to me.  Again, sometimes he is OK other
times he growls.  Now, he is also the basset that chews his nails but, not
enough to keep them trimmed.  Anyone else got other suggestions?????

June (Mama to Gus, Leroy and Miss Nala Nicole)