[Dailydrool] HHBR 7th Anniversary Basset Party

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Mon Apr 21 06:48:55 PDT 2008

This weekend I brought the girls to the Helping Hands basset rescue's
7th anniversary "family reunion".  They got to meet so many bassets,
participate in contests, and even show their true bassetude in the "what
will your basset eat" contest.  Diva was, as her name clearly states, a
diva.  Everyone around us was in uproars as she turned up her nose at
the first item in the contest - a milkbone dog biscuit.  It was pretty
much just for example purposes, to show how you were supposed to put the
food item in the bowl and let the pup eat it themselves, but she
insisted that "if you want me to eat that, there's no way I will".  And
she didn't!  Boy that Diva!!  He he...  Sophie ate the bone, the saltine
cracker, the potato and the carrot, but she bailed on the sweet potato.
I told her she wasn't committed!  They both won 3rd place (I think
everyone who entered won 3rd place, but I won't tell the girls that) in
the t-shirt relay, where the 2-leggers had to take turns in teams
dressing and un-dressing the pups in various t-shirts.  It was so funny!

We had lots and lots of fun, met some beautiful bassets and got to meet
the wonderful folks at HHBR, who we will hopefully be volunteering with
at some point  in the near future.  Unfortunately, we just found out
that we have to move, apparently our landlord has decided not to renew
our lease, probably because of the housing market, he thinks he can get
more rent, or sell the house at a big profit or who knows what, but we
have about 6 weeks to find a new place to call home, so after that
ordeal, we will be in touch to help HHBR in their efforts.

If you would like to see the photos from the basset party, here's the
link.  http://picasaweb.google.com/BradnJessica/HHBRBassetParty42008

And for those of you needing some healing drool, there was MUCH slung
this weekend at this party.  My 2-leggers kept coming over to show me
the drool all over their hands and shirts and shoes!  It was hysterical.
Snooters to all.

Jessica L. Sutton

Momma to Diva (see if I eat that!  Harrumph!) and Sophie (I'll eat
it...I'll eat it!!!)