[Dailydrool] Rusty arm pits

Ida Reynolds septnine at cox.net
Mon Apr 21 10:07:02 PDT 2008

Bassetmomof2 at aol.com wrote:

"OK - Here's a new one for us. Freddie will be 3 on May 3. He has recently
Developed rusty looking underarms. A couple months back we tried to switch
Foods and after a few weeks I decided he wasn't responding as well as with
the
Nutro. Well, he still has the rusty pits and its been probably a month
Since we stopped the other food. Any ideas on how to clear that up? "

>From what I understand, the "rusty" color is yeast. It is very common,
especially in Bassets because they have so much skin and air cannot get to
many areas. You must keep those areas clean and dry. You might what to check
at your animal supply as to what medications they can recommend.

Ida

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/403157 Sissy
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/403916 Jethro
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/634292 Missy