[Dailydrool] Noisy dangling tags -- a solution

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Tue Apr 22 14:52:26 PDT 2008

In a message dated 4/22/2008 5:47:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dailydrool-request at dailydrool.org writes:

Droopy's  walker (she comes during the day when I'm at school) left me a note
today that  she's concerned about the dangling tags on his collar.  He has
his  address tag, his rabies tag, and his NY dog license.  She said when dogs
shake, it makes a loud ring next to their ears, and after a few years, Droopy
may lose hearing because dogs' ears are so much more sensitive than  ours.
Does everyone have dangling tags?  If not, what do you  do?

I found a cute little item called "Quiet Spot," it was in the "impulse buy"
bin at our local PetCo.  It's just a soft little container that Velcros
around the tags -- it keeps them quiet, clean, and safe (mine was always seeming
to catch her collar on something and pull off a tag or two).  They're
inexpensive, and come in a bunch of different colors.

Probably a lot of different pet supply places online sell them -- I just
googled them and found this one, for instance:

_Click here: Pet Products,  dog tags, t shirt, bumper stickers, dog
products._ (http://www.itzadog.com/quietspot.cfm)

Here's to quieter walks!

Best,
Beth (Duchess ATB's Mom, and Blueberry who still needs get-well drool ...  )

listings at AOL Autos.