[Dailydrool] Please Post Pix Sparingly

Susan Randolph msrandolph at verizon.net
Tue Apr 22 18:03:29 PDT 2008

IMPORTANT DD ANNOUNCEMENT

We ALL love a good hound photo! AND we all love our Daily Drools... but
we're probably all wondering why we are suddenly getting so many DD's with
only 1 or 2 messages in them? Well, believe it or not, our collective
fondness for fluffy basset butts (or photos of them) is to blame!

Digests are generated whenever the accumulated posts reach a predetermined
size (roughly 80K). If we are all sending text-only messages, a typical
digest will include a dozen or more postings (a typical text message is only
3-5K). BUT if people are attaching pix (and especially pix that have not
been resized for the web), the digest can reach its max size in just one or
two posts.

So while we love the fact that we can now attach photos, please use the
privilege sparingly and remember to resize your images to a web-appropriate
size (35-40K or less). OR, better yet, sign up for a free image hosting
account at any one of many online services (including www.freewebs.com or
www.villagephotos.com) and upload your pix there and then post a link to
them.

This has been a Drooler Service Announcement!

The Mods