[Dailydrool] I'm glad Buddy is home

Vickie Zehring bubadog at comcast.net
Tue Apr 22 18:24:24 PDT 2008

It has been about three months since Buddy,from Oklahoma, left my yard to run free in the development of White Rock Acres. No surprise to me he knew how to do this. He knew how to survive through some of the coldest,rainiest,weather that happened this year. He is a smart dog,wise to people in ways most pet dogs. He was never anyone's pet,though. I am relieved he is with the people he should be with and I know they will love and take care of him always.       To my knowledge there was no one who         "gave up " trying to find this boy. From day one I walked these mountains looking for him and many people came forth to help as much as possible. One day I got wind that the coordinator did not like the way I was doing things and had actually asked someone to take the recapture of Buddy over,this person did not feel this was right and alerted me to the fact . I was not fond of these things taking place behind my back and said as soon as Buddy was captured I was resigning as a foster home. Well, obviously ,to me, Foster homes must not be as scarce as I thought because the coordinator had no problem saying,"Thanks for your help", and as far as she was concerned I was done with it.  No apology for doing what she did. Fine. BUT, I still got calls that I went out on at any hour from that time till he was captured,in fact the way I found out was a nice lady up here called me to tell me so I would not be driving around looking for him. So believe me when I say this rescue did not make any friends up here while trying to get Buddy.  And before someone writes to  me saying how wrong I was in not fostering any longer be sure your rescue doesn't take you for granted and appreciates what you are doing for them and the hounds because what happened to me with Buddy can happen to anyone.