[Dailydrool] Basset Goats

Pat Dill padill at Starband.net
Wed Apr 23 04:41:31 PDT 2008

Reading the post about Winnie's climbing antics reminded me of Al, a blind
senior foster hound whom we had the privilege of hosting for about six weeks
before he found his forever home.  He loved to climb, even though it was
clearly dangerous for him to do so.  I cannot tell you how many times I
would leave the living room for a few minutes only to return and find him
stranded on a tiny end table, waiting for rescue.  He would have hopped from
the floor to the sofa, and then from the sofa to the end table, only to
realize there was nowhere else to go and that it might be dangerous to move
around much more.  What was the motivation?

He reminded me of the Peanuts cartoons where Snoopy is perched,
vulture-like, on his doghouse.

We had to gate him in room with nothing to climb on when we weren't in the
house lest he get himself into trouble with no one to bring him down to
safety.

Pat Dill & Carol Sharp