[Dailydrool] seeing eye dog for a dog

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Wed Apr 23 10:19:55 PDT 2008

Hi, this is not strictly Basset related but the story of Emma with no eyes reminded me about it.

Friends of ours has a 12/13 year old Black Lab who recently went blind.  Bear was very depressed about his lack of sight.  My friends ended up adopting a Retired Seeing Eye Dog.  Another black Lab about 8 years old.  It seems to have helped restore Bear's attitude and zest for life.
I just thought it kind of a neat way to help both the blind dog and giving a new job to a retired working dog.

Cathy