[Dailydrool] help for Bertha

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Wed Apr 23 13:36:26 PDT 2008

Esther -  My heart truly goes out to you.  Bertha is in trouble because of
your Mom's attitude towards Bertha's needs, wants and "deserves".  As cruel
as it sounds the best thing for Bertha may be return to foster care or
rescue.  I saw similar limitations in my Grandma as she aged.  There is no
way she was capable of providing anything but company to a dog.  She would
not follow through on discipline, keeping counters cleared, even bathroom
breaks, etc.  YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT IS BEST FOR THE DOG AND IT SOUNDS LIKE THE
CURRENT ARRANGEMENTS ARE NOT!  I know this sounds harsh, especially with
your Dad becoming attached to Bertha.  But again, what is best for the dog?

Nadine Mysker
Slave to Jill the Bagel