[Dailydrool] Nigel and Llewis

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:38:36 PDT 2008

Nigel and Llewis have not written much to the Drool lately because between
work and Zelda they have kind of been shuffled to the rear. They still play
with their MommaDog when she feels up to it, and Nigel has been working on a
way past the inside fence along the back (there are two fences there-- one
to keep them away from the REAL fence and the dogs on the other side.) Nigel
needs to go Trekkin soon, as he has not been out since winter.
MommaDog Zelda is ok one day and not the next, and it is very frustrating to
try and figure out what is going on. She doesn't eat much. Some days she
sleeps all day and some days she's up a bit. Evenings she is often brighter
and goes out and plays with the Boyz. Otherwise she snarls at the other dogs
and they leave her alone. She will go out by herself and sleep on the deck
for a couple of hours. Removing the tumor entails such major surgery and is
so questionable in it's outcome, that we are very hesitant to commit to it.
Even just debulking it is iffy because we have no way of knowing if there
are blood vessels and/or nerves running through the tumor. If we hack into
the middle of it, we may find ourselves in terrible trouble.
As much as I love my Vet I wish he were Dr. Dolittle and could ask Zelda
what she would like us to do.
Nigel and Llewis send Drool and snooters to everbuddy, and we all wish
everyone well.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell, Zelda and Cooper