[Dailydrool] a buddy for Howie

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Thu Apr 24 09:02:50 PDT 2008

Diane,

I am sorry it didn't work out with Jack, but I'm sure the right hound
will find you soon! Regarding your comment "My Howie actually looked so
down in the dumps with Jack at the house and Howie loves playing with
other dogs." When I brought Sophie home, my other basset, Diva went into
depression for like a week.  She was all blue and sad, mopey and jealous
as all get-out.  I felt like I had done this horrible thing to her!
(The nerve, bringing another dog into the family so she would have a
playmate.  I should be shot!) But after about a week, she did a complete
turnaround, and now, 6 months later, the two of them are inseparable.
They love each other so much and she is so much happier and more content
with her new sister to keep her company.  It may be that the two of them
just need some time to work out their positions in the pack so to speak,
and then they will become best buds.

Good luck to you and Howie.  Hope you find your pup ASAP!  :-)

Jessica L. Sutton