[Dailydrool] microchips,breakaway collars and silent tags

m s heartbigtrks at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 13:52:00 PDT 2008

Our vet breeds and shows British Labs. Earlier this year one of her of dogs got loose somehow. She called the sheriff,shelters and  hung up flyers. Then she started going door to door. It was a couple days later and about 3 miles from her house that  she found her. Living inside with a nice family who were activlely looking for a home for this microchipped $1200 show dog. Eeek! So that is something I never really thought about. All 3 or our dogs are microchipped.

  We are also concerned about our dogs getting hung up with their collars but we found a collar that is breakaway in case they ever do get hung up. It is made by Tazlab...About $14 and they come in real nice colors.

  And also I hope the jingling of tags won't make my dog go deaf because when our ecollars go dead we have to resort to the big bells on the collars to keep track of the bassets so they don't sneak off. We found some real nice silent tags at  collartags.com. We really like those heavy duty and nice.

  Michele
  Buford
  Fuse
  cletus