[Dailydrool] No barking device

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 14:04:13 PDT 2008

Fellow droolers,
We need some help in our home to save our sanity.  We have 2 bassets and 1
mini doxie and the barking is driving us crazy. We have even had people on
the phone tell us they were hanging up because the barking was getting to
them.  Also, the barking becomes an issue at my mother's house too when we
go there.  We have looked into the citronella collar and my husband doesn't
want to use them.  I don't know as if I would use a bark collar or not. Does
it give them a shock?  I remember there was a non-barking device for in home
that was sold on amazon that was discussed on the drool some time ago, but
can't remember which one.  If anyone remembers or has personal experience
with any please let me know. We have tried the water bottle route with the
command of no bark, but it doesn't work.  We have tried closing the curtains
so they can't look out, but they just stick their heads in the middle.
Also, we need something that will work when we are not at home because we
can see the bassets howling or barking at the windows when we leave.  The
mini doxie goes in his crate when we leave. I made the mistake of leaving
him out today when I was gone 10 minutes to take the kids to school. We were
running behind so I forgot to crate him. As a reward for his freedom, he
decided to chew up my glasses case. Luckily the glasses were on my face and
not in the case.  Anyhow, I don't want some barking device that will
physically hurt my hounds, but on the other hand in order to live in harmony
with 3 hounds and with the neighbors we need to correct this issue. Thank
you.
DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver