[Dailydrool] no-bark collars

MARY WILSON mewilson at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 25 14:53:36 PDT 2008

Before we came over to the floppy side and were acquired by Paddi B Basset, we had a charming and barky Terri-Aerhead -- a terrier/aerdale cross, most likely. Princess was not only a barker, she was a yippie barker and drove our neighbours up the wall. We got a citronella collar for her. It wasn't 100% effective, but it was I'd say effective about 90% of the time. (We did other things too, mostly around increasing routine. She was more highly strung than Paddi B, let us say, and appreciated the routine.)

Not sure why your husband isn't interested in the citronella, but it did work relatively well for us. It never caused her any pain -- she was just startled the first couple of times (which of course caused her to bark! but she figured it out very quickly) and never showed any signs of distress.