[Dailydrool] Coming to Hawaii, and quarantine regulations

Sylvie McGee sylviemcgee at comcast.net
Fri Apr 25 16:05:13 PDT 2008

Hi, Val,

It's not just a hassle, it means that the dog is in foster care for a
minimum of four months before shipping to Hawaii. That's a real roadblock
for me, since I want to be able to move dogs in and out of foster care
expeditiously if at all possible.

I can't speak for others, but for me, that's the big roadblock to Hawaii
adoptions. That, and the fact that *most* dogs coming into rescue have never
flown before, and the flight to Hawaii is really substantial, even from the
West Coast.

Sylvie McGee, Cascadia Basset Rescue