[Dailydrool] bark collars

June Scheunemann equineent at tm.net
Sat Apr 26 05:00:19 PDT 2008

Well, I too was having a barking frenzie every now and then to the point of
driving every other creature in sane.  Gus and Leroy feed off of each
other's bark.one barks the other barks louder and it just gets out of hand.
As much as I didn't want to go to a bark collar I did.  Mike is working
third shift and 13-14 hour days right now and he needs his sleep.  I found a
collar that gives gradual pulses.  The first is slight, and gradual the
"tickle" gets more severe with each time it is needed.  The collare works on
vibrations so if Gus barks once it gets a tickle..then if he continues on
the tickle gets stronger..I watched very careful and suspect Gus has had one
of these before we got him as he barks once..maybe twice and then just
stops.no crying or yowling like it hurt but, he just seems to understand.  I
have not put the collar on Leroy as he seems to feed off of Gus more than
actually barking on his own.  I don't put it on all the time but, if Mike is
sleeping and I'm at the barn and the pups can't be outside I'll put it
on..or if the folks across the road are working in their front yard with
their JRT I'll put it on..(you can't tell me that the JRT doesn't know that
mine are in a fence as he prances around in circles and stars at them.like
naa naa a boo boo..lookie where I am) .  All I can say it works and as much
as I hated doing it..it does keep things down to a dull tolerable roart.

June