[Dailydrool] microchipping

Ashley Collard acollard at charter.net
Sat Apr 26 08:18:09 PDT 2008

We just microchipped (AVID) our shepherd and will microchip any future
houndies too. Our dogs always wear a collar with an ID tag riveted on. This
keeps their collar quiet (no noisey tags). If they slip out the door then I
know they have ID on them. Their tags do not have their name on them. They
have MY name, city, state, phone number and 'REWARD'. This way I hope
someone who finds them will call me and let me know they have my dog! We
also decided to microchip her. While we don’t live in a huge town and there
is only one animal control and one humane society (so it s very easy to call
and see if you dog has been picked up) we wanted to microchip her as added
safety.

Our basset Molly was very outgoing as is our shepherd. Anyone could take
them home. The microchip, if it does nothing else, identifies my dog as
mine. There has been a huge increase in the number of stolen dogs across the
country this year. There have been as many reports of stolen pets in the
first three months of this year as there were in all of last year! If she
were stolen, the chances of finding her are slim, however if I did, I would
have a way to prove she is MY dog.

Hopefully if she ever got out her chip would help get her home. It might not
work but at least we tried it for added protection!

Checked by AVG.
2:31 PM