[Dailydrool] Bwudder Elwood, cussing and the Board Waddle

Calhoun John C calhounj1 at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 27 10:48:20 PDT 2008

This is what Ben, the "deble dog "wrote -
" Well, I cwimbed on da big table an ated aw da sausages left
onda pwate. Well youz can jus inagine da fire comin out herz mouf bout dat.
She wooked wike a fire bweethin dwagon comin at me, sayin wordz I cannot
wepeet here. But I towd herz I needed dat to make more dwool for da Bwudder
Elwood"
I find it amusing that soooo many droolers have houndies that "hear wordz they cannot wepeet heer"!  I am what I hope - a somewhat refined Southern Lady.  However, because of my darling, sweet, (bless her heart,) Clos du Bois - find myself cussing like a sailor.  Words that I did not even know I knew!!! This from a woman whose father always apologized for saying hell, or damn in front of me. Bassets gotta love 'em.
I am behind in my drools, but I have been scanning them, mostly to see what is happening with the Board Waddle.  Yesterday was awful - I saw all the postings about Elwood.  As all of you, I have been  glued  to the computer waiting for the updates - praying, hoping and crying for Deb and that rascal!!!
In the past several of the droolers have posted links to their Board Waddle pictures - I am really looking forward to seeing and hearing about the Doo Dah Parade and the Board Waddle.  Cannot wait to hear how Thelma Lu did, I hope she made her mother, Ellie proud.
Also, I was wrapped up with the Elwood drama, as it should be - that I forgot that April 26th was Chloe's calendar day!!!  Please flip back to the 26th and check her out!!  Such a sweet looking, pretty little basset, you would never guess what she puts us through. But of course, we love her dearly and wouldn't take anything for her. (most days)
Mary Jane, slave to Clos du Bois and bc rescue Sasha Belle