[Dailydrool] hiccuping hounds, this 'n that

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 07:09:34 PDT 2008

 A few days ago there was a thread on here about gagging bassets, and I was
wondering, does anyone's hound hiccup? My dad's bagel, Checkers, hiccups
occasionally. Like, he'll be sitting on your lap (he's convinced he's
perfect lap size, and jealous of the old boys getting lap time), and then
you feel him start shaking, look down and he's hiccupping! It's rather
funny, just lasts a minute, and he's fine. I can't recall any of our other
dogs that do this, but that's not to say that they haven't done so, I
probably just never noticed it before. Is this a common occurance in dogs?

Also, Brudder Elwood, the boys here be flinging drool for you! I swear,
since we heard you were in the vetspital the boys here have been causing
more of a ruccus than usual! Perhaps they are sadly missing your stories,
and are causing a ruccus to celebrate them?

Checkers is up to his antics again! With the new found spring here in IL,
him and Joey have been trying to roll in all sorts of nasty things. Joey had
to get a bath yesterday after rolling in bird poo, but Checkers takes the
cake for rolling in things... He took a page out of Elder Clara's playbook
and rolled himself right down a hill!! About a week or so ago Joey rolled in
some SERIOUSLY smelly stuff in our yard. As soon as the weather cleared, I
had to go out and remove the offending droppings and toss them into the
field next door. (Our neighbor's good with it, after all, it *is* free
fertilizer!) Well, apparently I missed the field, and it landed on the hill.
Mom took Checkers out for a walk, and when he tried to get a good roll going
on, he went ear flap over ear flap down the hill! Mom was of course laughing
hysterically, Checkers reportedly stood up, shook off, and proceeded on his
walk with an "I meant to do that" look...
-Karrie, momma to Joey, aunty to Checkers & Crispin