[Dailydrool] Cakie MOOOOOS THANK YOU...and the stompin worked

bassetslave bassetslave at comcast.net
Mon Apr 28 08:33:53 PDT 2008

MOOOOOOOOOO. It is me. A very tired Cakie.I must Mooo a lot of thank you's
for the BoardWaddle weekend, but first I gotta thank all the houndies who
STOMPED their paws so it wouldn't rain on GM Thelma Lu's pawrade. It came
close. T'was a little cool and got very windy, but all together, it DID NOT
RAIN. There was a time before the pawrade when it was threatening and the
she slave got on Aunt Kathy Rikers PA system and started begging the
houndies to all STOMP their paws. She never did that in pawson before....but
it WORKED! Rain gone.That woman is an embarassment, but at least she is
willing to humiliate herself for us houndies.

I got lots of humans to thank and at risk of offending anybody who I pawget,
remember I am old and so is the typist.....she starts by thanking Aunties
Sandy and Ilene for the nifty pawty. Of course, I didn't get to go, but the
slaves were there for a bit and it was spiffy....right down to the Mathis
music.....and Pw. Annie was very comfy....and there was a cookie toss
pwactice in the kitchen....and thanks to Paul Curley who went with the he
slave to fetch the cookies and soda and haul pawction stuff and then lead
the pawrade!

Thanks to Sandybob and Pam and Jason and Erika for doing the Olympics any
yakin wif da press.

Thanks to Auntie Diana and Uncle Frank who not only came all the way from
Ireland to help haul stuff to the pawction, but he was the last one to leave
that night...then they waddled me and Petuniapupcake! Thanks Auntie Cathy
and Angelika and Johnny and Roy for coming to help carry stuffs...and to Pw.
Miss Brandy for putting up with it...and Aunties Sharon Wilder and Marion
for checking folks in and to Aunties Lisa and Ilene and King George's Kay
for hawking stuffs cause they done real, real good. Thanks to the prize
girls, Kathy Z and Lori who don't even have hounds and Erika! Thanks to
Uncle Sandybob for taking the moolah....and did we mention Frank for staying
till the end to haul the stuff he hauled in out???

Thanks to the basset wranglers Sam and Jason (who also did pictures and
games wif Auntie Erika...proving ya can do stuff wif a baby in tow.) Thanks
to original slave Sharon and the slaves to my grandpuppies, Joan and Karen,
and Auntie Kathy and Doreen for signin in the folks and passing lots of
moolah to Doug the waddle accountant! Thanks to Aunties Lisa, and Pat and
Carol and Amanda and Faith....and Tom for hawking books and Auntie Donna for
hawking her coffee even after her Bob got sick!

Thanks to Kathy Z and Lori for coming back on Saturday.....Kathy runs the
picnic with a team of little kids from Ocean City Elementary school who are
pawsome! Thanks to her kind adults, Paula and the chefs, Ed and Jim who have
cooked somewhere in the neighborhood of 12,000 hot dawgs over the years!!
Thanks to Auntie Walli for doing the water and her Mike for helping and
Aunties A and Marilyn and Cathy B for guarding the gate with Sue Mason who
fostered Sunny.....

Thanks to the pawfectly pawvelous sales team that had Auntie Susan from
Brood and the unflappable and helpful Auntie Moosebarb...thanks to Bonkie
for putting up with the pupper and grand puppers and for Rollins for trying
to...and Auntie Alice who is real good at hawin stuff and her mike and
Aunties Carol and Amanda and to our Judges...Auntie Sherrilyn from Columbia
and Uncle Neal...it must have been cold he was wearing long pants....big
thanks to those who stayed to haul stuff and my breederslave Hank for
unloading the truck with the he slave on Sunday morning.

BIG thanks to Auntie Kathy R for being the proxy bidder (she had some
winners!) and doing registration and POOP raffle and measuring ears and
bellies......the Auntie's Amanda and Walli and the she slave and Moosebarb
walked the field and for the first time in TEN years there was no poop!
Besides...after last year's indignity of not placing in Closest to the
Ground....she measured me well, er down and the family honor has been
restored...

I could keep mooing and I'm sure I have already missed somebody, but I'm
sorry and grateful and tired......and need a cookie!

Thank you all for coming and pledging and donating stuffs and bidding and
buying and making it work for another year! Thelma Lu was a pawsome grand
marshall. At under a year, hear is hoping that she has many good years of
waddling ahead of her.

THANK YOU EVERYBODY....More later like who won da pledge contests.... cause
I need a nap and she slave has to get back to work on wrapping things up....

Cakie, GM 01 Basset Hostess
Thanking everybody who BoardWaddled with me in Oshun City, April 25-26
It didn't RAIN It didn't RAIN It didn't RAIN.
...next  stop Long Island, next Saturday! A houndie's work is never done.