[Dailydrool] Crazy barking dogs

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Mon Apr 28 09:23:07 PDT 2008

I once heard of someone who couldn't get their dog to shut up, they
tried collars, sprays, training, and pretty much everything else they
could think of.  The problem occurring when one is not home becomes
especially difficult.  What they ended up doing was TAPE RECORDING the
dogs barking, and then when the dogs started up for no reason, they
would then play the tape back to the dog, with high volume, where he
couldn't escape it.  This is not a short tape, or a few seconds of
playing the tape, I think it went on for a while.  The dog in the story
then thought twice about barking for no apparent reason, and the
behavior stopped.  I don't know how long one would have to play the
tape, or how effective it would be for an individual dog, but hey, it is
worth a try, and might be better than some of the alternatives.

Gaylene Opal-Deitering

My passions do not replace my relationship with God, but are instead a
reflection of it!