[Dailydrool] Vancouver, BC Basset Walk

Mary Kumor hoovermt at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 13:48:23 PDT 2008

Arrroooooo!

Thought I'd paw a message here to get the word out
that, even though the Annual Basset Walk in Stanley
Park has apparently been postponed/relocated
(http://www.geocities.com/bassetclub/bhcbcwalk.htm), a
group of us are still going to get together.  We
figure that just because the "official" event isn't
happening and there are still some trees down in the
woods, that doesn't mean us houndies can't meet for a
sniffin' good time in the picnic area.

We would love it if some other houndies and foodslaves
came to join us ... the more the merrier!  Here are
the details:

DATE: Sunday, May 4, 2008 (rain or shine!)
TIME: Noon - 2pm
LOCATION: Prospect Point Picnic Area, Stanley Park
(The picnic area is past the actual Prospect Point
where the tourists take photos. Go down the road
approx 300 meters and the picnic area will be on your
left hand side. If you reach the 'Hollow Tree', you
have gone too far.)

I should point out that the Vancouver International
Marathon is taking place in the park the morning of
May 4.  It is usually over by the time we'll be
meeting at the picnic area, but expect delays driving
to the park.

I really hope to meet some new fur-friends on Sunday!!
 And even if you can't make it, you are always more
than welcome to come join us for our weekly strolls!
(http://bassethound.meetup.com/152/)

Licks to all,
Scully
www.myspace.com/mom2scully
www.dogster.com/dogs/33904

P.S.  If anyone has details about the possible event
at Buntzen Lake the last Sunday of May, I'd love to be
clued in.

www.myspace.com/mom2scully
www.dogster.com/dogs/33904