[Dailydrool] Regarding the Hound odor posts

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Wed Apr 30 13:44:40 PDT 2008

Marilyn,  I agree with you.  Everytime I read about stinky hounds I have to wonder what they are being fed.
If ears aren't infected and anal glands aren't full, then other then a mild dog smell Bassets shouldn't stink.
There are kibbels out there without grain.  Eagle Pack has one with Oatmeal.  Dozens have Rice.  Get rid of anything with corn.
Also, unless mine are going to a show they only get bathed, maybe twice a year.  Lots of brushing, healthy food, salmon oil.   Constant bathing is going to strip all the oil out of their coats.

A healthy basset (anydog or person) starts from the inside out.

Cathy