[Dailydrool] dominant

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Wed Apr 30 15:44:34 PDT 2008

So I had to be very very strict with him and one day he was going after a blind dog and I yelled 'if you touch her yo u're dead' . He stopped in his tracks surprisingly but it was not easy being hard on him but the alternative he would be dead.
  Georgie and Miss Becky

The above made me laugh.  My old Maggie is the old girl in the pack.  She loves holding onto her position.  Every new dog has to be taught "Maggie Manners".
But this time she has  55-60 lbs on my Dachshund puppies.   We very rarely let her out with them yet.  the couple of times we have she is fine until one of the pups get to close and then she swings her giant head, lets out a roar and the puppy goes squealling.
So we are taking this very slow.
I have tried explaining to Maggie that she is just to big to be mean to the babies.  I don't think I'm getting through to her.

Cathy