[Dailydrool] Repost of info re: BBC Gang's Dad ATB

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Wed Apr 30 18:57:22 PDT 2008

This is the total information.  Thanks for caring!

I received an email from Nancy, Mom to the BBC Gang.  The BBC Gang's
Dad-person, Gary, passed away Monday, April 28th.  Gary had not been well
for some time and recently had emergency surgery.  Nancy says that in the
six years Gary had been sick, the dogs gave him great comfort.  We are sure
that he was met at the Bridge by a whole lot of hounds that he and Nancy
have helped and loved through the years, including Red Bay Lexington (Dash).

Gary's moral support and "keeping of the dogs" allowed Nancy to help with so
many rescues for OBR and the many fosters that lived with them. Our prayers
are with Nancy at this difficult time and healing drool is being slung in
her direction.  May her beloved dogs give her comfort in the difficult days
ahead.

Several people have asked about memorial donations for the Dad of the BBC
Gang.  Nancy requests that any memorial donations be made to Ohio Basset
Rescue, Droopy Basset Rescue of Pennsylvania, Tri-State Basset Rescue, or
Michigan Basset Rescue.

If you would like to send Nancy a card, her address is:

    Nancy Merk

   4315 State Route 269,

   Castalia, OH 44824

Sandi Wittenberg