[Dailydrool] Vacuums

BasetSavr5 at aol.com BasetSavr5 at aol.com
Fri Aug 1 04:03:29 PDT 2008

On the subject of vacuuming--I had to laugh, while hubby was gone for the
month, that chore seemed to be on the list, would get pushed to the following
day, and finally when I would get to it, I could get a half of a room done and
I  looked down and dog hair was busting out of the canister. As Momperson said
they  are molting, not shedding. So when hubby got back home, he grabs the ol
Eureeka,  ready to do battle. I had vacuumed the night before, but of course
with 5  hounds, you would never know it. He goes thru the family room, and the
poor old  vacuum suddenly gives out the death rattle. Off it goes to the
garage, he is  convinced it needs a overhaul, a good internal cleaning. I am
convinced it needs  replacing.  A couple hours later here they come, clean,
hairless, why it  looks like new. Until he plugs it in. The death rattle is now a
banging  squeeking run for your life noise, but the old girl is still sucking up
the fur.  I think the dog hair was holding it together. Over the years I have
become more  lax with the floors, accepting the dog hair as a part of life. I
just never  understand why at least one of them isn't bald with as much as
they shed.
Perhaps one of those commercial lawn/leaf backpack units could be just what
we need here!
Debbie  Winchester
Bob, Casey, Elder  Clara, Daisy, and
Brudder Elwood OEBE