[Dailydrool] Whining

jules56pt at charter.net jules56pt at charter.net
Mon Aug 4 09:52:52 PDT 2008

None of our bassets have been terrible whiners EXCEPT Sherlock.  He was the champion.  when 75 pounds of basset is whining and bellowing and pacing it gets old very fast.  The onlly way we ever got any peace was with french fries.  I know they are terrible for everyone but they worked for Sherlock.  One of the kids would sit by him and dole them out.  He would be so focused on the fries that he forgot to whine.  Of course, when the fries ran out so did the peace and quiet.

Speaking of peace, Sunny is outside bellowing to all and sundry that she has been grossly mistreated and would someone come rescue her.  All of the girls had baths this morning.  It is going to be 98 degrees here today so the baths seemed like good idea to me.  Sunny likes the rubbing and massaging part but not anything else.  At least she didn't bite anyone today.

Marley got three baths because she was going to show me that she could smell and look good without my help.  She found the first pile of dirt she could and rolled in it with glee all the while muttering to herself.  It was funny to listen to.  I'm sure there were some unladylike words uttered.

Ninja had two baths but she diden't talk about them.

I nned to get Sunny's nails clipped but would really like to keep all of my fingers.  Her nails rarely grow at all but now they have started for some reason.  I think someone stomped on her front paws before we got her because two of her nails there have never grown.  She really hates having anything done with her feet.

That's enough babbling for now.  Drool to all the sick and hurt houndies out there and to the families whose loves are missing.

>From the house that smells like a herd of wet dogs'
Snooters and cuddles
Sunny, Ninja, Marley, and mom who also smells like wet basset