[Dailydrool] Overwhelmed-Chloe

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Fri Aug 8 14:21:27 PDT 2008

Maybe I'm crazy but I enjoy puppies.  In the last 5 years I bought 4  show puppies,  2 of them bassets brought home on  the same day.
Do they take time and work,  Yes!   But I create a puppy pen by clipping an expen to each side of a crate with the crate door open all day.  I only close the crate door at night.    I try to take the pup out at all the usual times but the floor of the pen is covered in paper so no big deal if they go indoors.

Soon the papers are dry in the morning and later they are dry and clean all day.   If the puppies are on a feeding schedule it is pretty easy to know when to let them free in the house for a bit.   If they have an accident,,oh well.  It cleans up.

Plenty of chew toys and an old shoe tend to keep them from eating my furniture.

I love watching them play and learn.  I love their energy and loving nature.  And I especially love when the "lightbulb" goes off and they are house broken.

It the last year I have had 2 litters, and have 3 9 month olds from the 1st litter.   Talk about 3 little monsters.   But I wouldn't change it for the world.

If you are overwhelmed within the 1st week do the dog  a favour and take her back to the breeder.   If a puppy makes you feel overwhelmed a teenage dog will totally drive you crazy.

Puppies aren't for everyone.   But they are meant to be enjoyed not stressed over.

Now, cats drive me crazy.  At least dogs can't jump onto my counters and stove.

Cathy
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com