[Dailydrool] heartworm

Denise Jungling Djungling at charter.net
Thu Aug 14 23:21:15 PDT 2008

I give my basset Heartguard monthly (she was positive but was treated by
rescue) and keep her on Advantage for fleas. Revolution says it kills
heartworm, so if you use Revolution, do you stop the Heartguard or is
better to keep the Heartguard/Advantage combo?
I'd ask the vet but the two vets I've consulted here said she doesn't
need the Heartguard because there aren't heartworms in this area. But I
keep her on it because the rescue said to and the vet that treated her
there sent along paperwork saying she need to be on preventative. Vets
here don't seem knowledgeable about worms.

Thanks