[Dailydrool] Doggie wheelchairs

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 22:36:48 PDT 2008

I've noticed a few requests recently for dog wheelchairs, and wanted to let people know of a couple of places to find them second-hand. There are usually a few listed on E-bay (type in dog wheelchair). And it is also possible to find them on Craigslist by going city to city typing in "dog wheelchair" into the for sale search engine. Most cities will not have a hit, but every now and again there will be one. It is worth the effort to go city by city looking for one. I recently used Craigslist to find a neighbor a dog wheelchair (and on that occasion, there was one in Phoenix and one in Philadelphia). She ordered the one in Phoenix and it arrived yesterday. Used chairs are usually about a third of the price of new ones, although new ones are certainly available and fairly easily found on the Web. Finally, there are instructions on how to make your own, including how to measure and what materials to buy, which can be found by typing "how to make a dog
 wheelchair" into your Internet search engine. Good luck to those looking. There is a dachsund in my town that uses a wheelchair and zooms around with other dogs in an extremely happy frame of mind.