[Dailydrool] COLLARS

kaq1230 at comcast.net kaq1230 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 22 11:53:57 PDT 2008

Hi,

The boys are currently using the gentle leader harnesses on our walks, but I am thinking that since they don't pull any longer they probably don't need them.  I would love to use just their collars, but they all know how to "slip" them, so I am thinking of switching from buckle collars to Martingale collars.  The boys wear their collars at all times unless they are being washed (the collars not the pooches).  Any comments, suggestions etc. on Martingale collars to be used as a "regular" collar versus a training collar.?

Thanks
Drool to those in need
Karen
Rosco, Lemmy & Stewie

As a side note: the harnesses worked great in the pulling department....but due to their "short" legs if a flat basset happened and I gave a tug they could "slip" the harness.  I've now found a much more effective way to stop pulling...walking the dogs with a baby in a carriage!  Probably has more to do with me and my "energy" if you will than the carriage or the baby but it is a miracle worker!