[Dailydrool] vacuuming dogs

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 05:17:21 PDT 2008

In the grooming dept at work we have a super shop Vac for sucking the pounds
of hair that land on the floor. It is really powerful and also eats
leashes,pens, small brushes, paychecks, and so on. The other day we had a
Saint Bernard in full molt come in, tufties everywhere, clumps hanging by a
hair,and  because she was a really relaxed dog we decided, after having
loosened the rest of her excess with the power dryers, to vacuum her.
Hahahahahah
The Vacuum was not powerful enough to suck the hair out of her coat. It got
some,but as tough as it is, it didn't work. She just stood there wagging her
tail while we practically sucked the hide off her.
It took four hours to get her bathed, dried, brushed out and shaved. But she
isn't molting anymore.

(I do not quite understand why people buy dogs with a beautiful lush coat
and then just shave them down. I know they think it keeps them cooler, but I
personally would not do it.)(Of course, I love to brush, so....)

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell & Cooper who will keep his lush black
coat.
ZeldaATB