[Dailydrool] Owen Update

GalinkinSK at aol.com GalinkinSK at aol.com
Sat Aug 2 07:14:26 PDT 2008

This morning at 5:30 AM I was woken to the sound of licking, excessive
licking and when I checked on Owen there he was licking the lump site and the
floor.  Apparently the drain is FINALLY working.. It was inserted on  Tuesday
afternoon and today is Saturday.  Last evening I was putting hot  compresses on
the site and noticed that it seemed to have gotten bigger, harder  and warmer.
If it wasn't better today he was going back to the  vet.   I guess it reached
it's breaking point...thank  doG!!!   It has been draining now for nearly 5
hours ... and the lump  is nearly gone.   But during the mist of it draining
Owen was cleaning  Abe's eyes ...unbelievable what a selfless dog he is...!!!  He
is scheduled  to go back Monday so they could remove the drain and do another
 evaluation..  Keep paws crossed that it does not flare up again and no
additional surgery is needed.   I have a feeling that there might be  an old
muscular suture that is causing this issue.  Bev suggested it as he  did have
surgery to removed a mast cell tumor there 4 years ago and  I absolutely agree.
The vet did say it that something like this can  present itself years later .
Thank you all again for your support and Abe  thanks you as he would be so lost
without his best friend and brother  Owen.

Abraham congratulates Elder Clara on her win....she totally deserves this
honor.  I started to cry when I read her tribute..what a diva and lovely  grand
dam!!!

Shelley, etc.

Read reviews on AOL Autos.