[Dailydrool] Proof of Ownership

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 14:59:18 PDT 2008

The story about Tinkerbell, and about the puppy tied outside the store
prompt me to write once again about the advantages of CHIPPING your dogs!!
Not only getting the chip inserted but registering the chip as well. If your
dog is stolen and has a chip, you have an absolutely legal way to PROVE
ownership. There simply is no way to change that chip number.
My puppies were chipped before they left the house for their new homes.
All my dogs are chipped.
My first Belgian was chipped AND tattooed because the chips came out after
he had been tattooed.
While it doesn't prevent theft, and it doesn't guarantee a runaway will be
found it certainly increases the chances of proving a pet is yours. I don't
care what company you use,CHIP YOUR DOGS!!! You will never regret it.
(And if your dogs are already chipped, when you visit the Vet have them scan
the chip once or twice a year to be sure it is in the right place and still
working. Zelda's was put in incorrectly and migrated to her sternum, where
no one would have found it, so we had to have her re-chipped and
re-registered, but it was free.)
Tags and collars fall off. Chips are forever.

MomPerson to Nigel,Llewis, Mitchell, Cooper and ZeldaATB