[Dailydrool] Kind of Creepy story (True 100% I promise)

Ruth Mayberry ram.berry at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 2 16:53:36 PDT 2008

wow, I am amazed, Bev!
smart dogs!

ruth
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Beverly Szaton
  To: DD
  Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 6:07 AM
  Subject: [Dailydrool] Kind of Creepy story (True 100% I promise)

  Monday the woman who does this for me called and asked if she could bring Zelda over (in her can, in her box) and I said sure. She dropped off the box, we chatted (outside) for a few minutes and then I came in, carrying the exact same kind of cardboard box as had held Kailey.

  AND THE DOGS WENT INSANE!  I mean, really really crazy! Leaping, barking, tails wagging madly, banging the box, hitting at it with their feet, noses pressed against it, barking, I held it up and they leaped in the air. I put it on the counter and Nigel and Cooper instantly tried to get it off the counter with the others waiting tails wagging furiously. I put the box up very high. Eventually they gave up waiting and wandered off. Gave me the willies. Amazed me.

  Later thinking about it i thought here I am dealing with a species that can smell cancer. That can be used to detect accelerants in fires. That can smell a pipeline hundreds of feet below ground. That can track a person after days.That can sense an impending seizure or diabetic crisis.
  So why not pick up infintessimal traces of Zelda, even after cremation? Just because logic tells me no--- logic does not explain to me how Nigel can follow a track that I cannot see through a field covered with other tracks and pick out the correct one either....

  All the same, it both amazed and creeped me out.

  MomPerson, who has goosebumples.