[Dailydrool] Kind of Creepy story (True 100% I promise)

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 04:07:09 PDT 2008

When Kailey died I had her cremated and picked up the remains and brought
them home in a can in a cardboard box. As a matter of form I let the dogs
sniff it when I came in the door (as if I have a choice) and it was "Oh yeah
box inneresting you got treats?" (they did not know Kailey.)

Monday the woman who does this for me called and asked if she could bring
Zelda over (in her can, in her box) and I said sure. She dropped off the
box, we chatted (outside) for a few minutes and then I came in, carrying the
exact same kind of cardboard box as had held Kailey.

AND THE DOGS WENT INSANE!  I mean, really really crazy! Leaping, barking,
tails wagging madly, banging the box, hitting at it with their feet, noses
pressed against it, barking, I held it up and they leaped in the air. I put
it on the counter and Nigel and Cooper instantly tried to get it off the
counter with the others waiting tails wagging furiously. I put the box up
very high. Eventually they gave up waiting and wandered off. Gave me the
willies. Amazed me.

Later thinking about it i thought here I am dealing with a species that can
smell cancer. That can be used to detect accelerants in fires. That can
smell a pipeline hundreds of feet below ground. That can track a person
after days.That can sense an impending seizure or diabetic crisis.
So why not pick up infintessimal traces of Zelda, even after cremation? Just
because logic tells me no--- logic does not explain to me how Nigel can
follow a track that I cannot see through a field covered with other tracks
and pick out the correct one either....

All the same, it both amazed and creeped me out.

MomPerson, who has goosebumples.