[Dailydrool] Names

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 03:42:20 PDT 2008

These are the meanings I came up with for my dogs. Now, Zelda would have
been thrilled, except for the gray-haired part. Mitchell.....I dunno. He
isn't much like a god of any kind, more the Walter Mitty type, as far as i
can tell.
Cooper-- well I knew what that was. One time at the International a little
girl with her Father, the little girl about 12, asked me his name. I said
"Cooper" and she said "Does he make barrels?" I laughed and said "No, but
that is VERY good!" (Impressed and still am that she knew the origin of the
word) and her Father and my friend standing there, said what?what? what are
you two talking about? And she was so delighted that I knew, and she knew,
and they didn't. It was cute.
Nigel is indeed a dark Basset,
I am sure Llewis would be delighted to think of himself as a celebrated
warrior, but............alas.
I bet if I looked these names up on another site Mitchell would have another
meaning.

ZELDA : A gray-haired battle heroine.

MITCHELL: Hebrew/Anglo-Saxon origin, means: Who is like God?.

COOPER: means: Barrel; cask maker.

NIGEL:  One who is dark; swarthy.

LLewis:  Celebrated warrior; renowned fighter.

MOMPERSON: overworked, underpaid, emotionally unstable person with twisted
sense of humor and a touchy temper who adores animals especially dogs and
tends to surround self  with large, but short-legged friends who are smarter
than she is.Often has small bald spots from tearing out hair and bruises on
forehead from pounding head on walls.